Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Truce?

More than any other cat, Wendell the Siamese is my nemesis. I have never liked him and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Yet somehow we maintain an uneasy relationship in this 500 square feet apartment.

If Dad is petting Wendell, which he should NOT be doing ever, I always bark right in Wendell's face and send him scurrying on his way. When I'm walking by Wendell, he casually swipes at me with his claws out - sending me scurrying on my way. Bastard.

But strangely the other night this happened. While I was sleeping Wendell reached out and rested his paw on me. No claws even. I didn't know what to do. I was afraid to fall asleep obviously. So I just kept real still until he removed his filthy paw. Then I went to sleep.

3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We can't believe Wendell had the nerve to touch you, Chloe! Do you think he's asking to be friends?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Ruby and Penny said...

That sounds so traumatic Chloe. We're glad you survived.
Love Ruby & Penny

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

Maybe Wendell is ready for a truce? what a cute picture!